I had the honor of being a guest on Jimmy Moore’s acclaimed LivinLaVidaLowCarb podcast this week, where we discussed the critical connection between diet and mental health. Listen to our conversation here!
For anyone interested in learning more about the science behind low-carbohydrate, high-fat diets, I can’t recommend his podcast series enough. Jimmy has been interviewing nutrition experts about LCHF diets for years, providing an invaluable service to all of us. He’s the best in the business and his collection of conversations is unparalleled.
In this episode, we cover a LOT of ground:
- Why your diet is the FIRST place to look if you are having mental health problems
- The world’s first clinical trial of diet and depression, just published in January 2017
- How refined carbohydrates affect brain chemistry and hormonal balance
- Which fats are healthiest for the brain
- Why Alzheimer’s Disease is called Type 3 Diabetes
- The (lack of) evidence connecting red meat to cancer and other health problems
- Why Paleo diets are healthier for us
- And much more…
I hope you enjoy listening to our conversation. Please let me know what you think! There wasn’t enough time to go into depth about certain topics, so I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have below in the comments section.
Below are links to articles we discussed on the podcast: