The term ‘Diagnosis:Diet’ or ‘Georgia Ede’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the Site. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our Site.
We may make changes to these terms from time to time. When we do, we will revise the “last updated” date given above. It is your responsibility to review these Terms frequently and to remain informed of any changes to them. The then-current version of these Terms will supersede all earlier versions. You agree that your continued use of the Site after such changes have been published will constitute your acceptance of such revised terms.
Use of this Website
- The content of the pages of this Site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this Site for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this Site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this Site meet your specific requirements.
Intellectual Property Rights
All original material contained on this Site is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. See the Permissions Policy for terms regarding how material may be reproduced.
Unauthorized use of this Site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by us or by any third party.
Third Party Websites
Links to other websites are provided for additional information and do not signify that we endorse those website(s). We are not responsible for the content of the linked website(s).
In these terms and conditions, “your content” shall mean any text, images, audio, video, or other materials that you submit to or publish on our website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights. You agree that your name may be published or disclosed in connection with your User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions. By posting User Content on the Site, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content. Your content must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you, us, or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
Prohibited User Content:
You agree that you will not under any circumstances transmit any User Content (including software, text, images, or other information) that:
- is unlawful or promotes unlawful activities;
- defames, harasses, abuses, threatens, or incites violence towards any individual or group;
- is pornographic, discriminatory, or otherwise victimizes or intimidates an individual or group on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- is spam, is machine- or randomly-generated, constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- infringes on any proprietary right of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other rights;
- impersonates any person or entity; or
- violates the privacy of any third party.
Your content must be appropriate, civil, tasteful and in accordance with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behavior on the internet. You must not use our Site to link to any website or web page consisting of or containing material that would, were it posted on our Site, breach the provisions of these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to or published on our Site.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the state of Massachusetts.
Purpose of policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. When we do, we will revise the “last updated” date given above. It is your responsibility to review this policy from time to time to remain informed of any changes to it. The then-current version of this policy will supersede all earlier versions.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- first and last name
- email address
- open and read statistics from email newsletters
- message details you send with inquiries
- results of surveys conducted on the Site or through our email newsletters
How we get this information
Name and email information is voluntarily provided by you in order to sign up for our email list. Open and read statistics are collected by our mailing service (MailChimp). Message details and survey opinions are voluntarily provided by you.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your interests and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- To improve our products and services;
- To periodically send email newsletters or announcements about new posts, speaking engagements, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; and
- To possibly contact you for market research purposes which will inform the customization of the Site according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You can unsubscribe from our subscriber service at any time by following the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or by contacting us through the contact form on the Site. You can locate the form by clicking on the “Contact” tab in the main navigation menu.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive that helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer nor any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may impact the usability of some websites.
- Affiliate Marketing: In order to provide financial support for this website, Diagnosis:Diet is an affiliate marketer with various vendors that provide relevant products to this site. When a user clicks on a product link, cookies are stored on the user’s computer for a period of time until either they are deleted or the time period expires. If the user makes a purchase from the vendor through those affiliate product links while the cookie is on their computer, Diagnosis:Diet receives a small commission. Diagnosis: Diet is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. We are also affiliated with the Shareasale and Rakuten Marketing (Linkshare) networks.
Links to other websites
Permissions Policy (last updated June 28, 2020)
All textual content on this site is owned and copyrighted by Georgia Ede MD of Diagnosis:Diet. Images are either owned by us or have been licensed to us for use on this site. In order to balance the desire to widely distribute the information on the site while protecting our intellectual property rights, the following permissions policy indicates what can be shared with and without our permission. Please note that this policy pertains to all text and images on the site and applies to all of Dr. Ede's posts published on Psychology Today as well.
To contact us for permission, please use the contact form on the Site, found under the “Contact” tab in the navigation menu.
You are free to do the following without our permission:
- Link to the site or any specific post on the site.
- Extract and re-post no more than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to our original post.
- Print our posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own school, company, or organization, provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2020, Georgia Ede MD. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.diagnosisdiet.com.”
Although not required, if you do share our content, we would love to hear about it from you, as it helps us understand what content is valued by our readers. We may, at our discretion, choose to promote your post. You can communicate with us through our contact form.
You must have our express written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content for any commercial purposes.
- Translate and/or publish our posts in other languages.
- Reprint the content in any print or electronic newsletter or publication.
- Reproduce and distribute the content in any way except as described in the preceding section.
- Re-posting posts in their entirety. (Refer to the above section pertaining to maximum number of words allowed).
- Altering or transforming the content.
- Extracting and reposting photographs or illustrations.
All information contained on the DiagnosisDiet.com site is intended for informational and educational purposes only. The information is not intended nor suited to be a replacement or substitute for professional medical treatment or diagnosis nor for professional medical advice relative to a specific medical question or condition. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Site.
You should also ask your physician or other healthcare provider to assist you in interpreting any information on this Site or in the linked websites, or in applying the information to your individual case.
Medical information changes constantly. Therefore, the information on this Site or on the linked websites should not be considered current, complete or exhaustive, nor should you rely on such information to recommend a course of treatment for you or any other individual. Reliance on any information provided on this Site or any linked websites is solely at your own risk.